Masari (MSR) is a scalability-focused and privacy-ensured cryptocurrency based on Monero.
One of the first major contributions is a necessary update implementing one of the best known difficulty algorithms in order to mitigate flash mining issues as a new altcoin. MSR will track most changes upstream from Monero, as well as contribute back whenever possible (such as the WHM difficulty algorithm). Future features will include uncle mining (using the DECOR+ protocol) and a pending whitepaper regarding a Blocktree protocol which is aimed at solving on-chain scalability.
Most specifications are equivalent to Monero's:
* PoW algorithm: CryptoNight
* Max supply: ~18.5 million (with tail emission)
* Block reward: Smoothly varying recurrence relation starting at around 35 MSR per block, block_reward(block_height) = (2^64 - 1 - total_supply(block_height - 1)) * 2 ^ -19 * 10 ^ -12
* Block time: 120 seconds
* Difficulty: Re-targets at every block
* Genesis block: Saturday, 2 September 2017 21:20:46 UTC